Engineering Auditor/Internal Engineer Claims Processor
£Salary negotiable dependent upon experience
Rotala Plc operates across the group approximately 800 vehicles across 9 sites in the North West, Midlands and Heathrow. The role will require you to travel, so you must have a full driving licence and access to your own vehicle, mileage expenses will be paid.
We have a new opportunity within the group for a dual-purpose engineering role. This role will suit an experienced engineer within the Passenger Carrying Vehicles (PCV) industry capable of auditing the engineering departments in respect of the quality of repairs, PMI's, MOTs and compliance paperwork.
Rotala Plc also self-insure against Road Traffic Accidents/third Party Property and Personal Injury claims relating to our bus operations and process approximately 100 accident claims per month. With the relevant engineering experience this person will also manage any non-fault insurance claims, producing invoices detailing the repairs undertaken and support the internal claims processing team. When attending engineering audits, you will be responsible for assessing accident damage, liaising with the depot engineering managers, obtaining pictures and producing a repair estimate, calculating lost revenue for other third-party insurers. You will need to manage the process producing accurate invoices once the repairs have been completed, ensuring all costs have been captured accurately. Ownership will be required in respect that the claim is only closed when payment obtained.
Through accurate, thorough and detailed repair estimates/invoices you will support the successful recoveries of losses incurred.
You will also work alongside the internal claims team, processing the internal First Notification of Loss and review the initial accident report forms.
Ideally the successful candidate will understand the repair of passenger carrying vehicles (PCV). However, candidates from backgrounds in a related field, such as the truck / haulage industries within an engineering setting, will also be considered.
The hours of work will be 8.30am – 5.00pm, 40 hours per week, however you will be required to work the hours necessary to fulfil the role.
- Compliance of the Company's Operator's Licence(s)
- Conduct Driver and Engineering audits across the group, produce compliance KPI reports, documenting findings on O'licence compliance, actions and solutions and address any repetitive non-compliance.
- Conduct vehicle condition reports, vehicle file inspections to ensure maintenance work and paper trail meets Company standards.
- Ensure all vehicles are regularly serviced and meet PMI KPIs, that the vehicles are thoroughly maintained and well presented in strict accordance with Company procedures, DVSA requirements
- Understanding of safety culture development and staff education in respect of O'licence compliance
- Ensure that all Company equipment across the group is tested and maintained at regular intervals to ensure they meet Company and Legal requirements
- Liaison and support of the Claims Department.
- Insurance Claims Processing – non fault
- Manage the First Notification of Loss process internally, capturing the key information and processing accident reports forms/claims with the externally appointed Company brokers.
- Carry out review/desktop imaging to confirm viability of repair, identification of repair costs, and correct repair methods ensure third parties receive fast, and accurate information regarding claim vehicles.
- To achieve profit through accuracy and full appreciation of repair methods opportunities
- Exercise positive negotiating selling techniques / skills
- Develop strong relationships and communication channels with stake holders - client/driver/engineer/work provider.
- Provide salvage invoices where it is identified vehicles are beyond economic repair.
- Monitor and control average total loss values.
- Co-ordinate and resolve complaints as prescribed by company and regulatory guidelines.
- Provide technical support and a quality engineering resource to the claims department with regards to referred items.
- To liaise with external appointed Company brokers and/or Solicitors/Counsel to achieve full reimbursement for non-fault insurance claims.
- To ensure best practice in all Rotala Plc operations including compliance with legal and policy requirements.
- Ensure all engineering Health, Safety and Environmental policies are adhered to.
Qualifications and Experience
- Level 3 HGV City & Guilds/NVQ or equivalent.
- Experience as an estimator/vehicle damage assessor in respect of PCV or LGV vehicles
- High level of accuracy, analysis and good attention to detail.
- Thorough, methodical, organised and process driven
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal
- An appropriate level of IT skills
- Attractive and competitive salary