Internal Engineer Claims Processor
£Salary negotiable dependent upon experience
Based at Rotala Head Office, Tividale, West Midlands.
Rotala Plc self-insure against Road Traffic Accidents/third Party Property and Personal Injury claims relating to our bus operations across the country and process approximately 100 accident claims per month. We are looking for an organised individual with a good attention to detail, to join our internal claims processing team.
Reporting to the existing Internal Insurance Team (IIT), the focus will be to manage the successful outcomes of the non-fault Insurance claims alongside support from the appointed external broker. With an engineering background you will be responsible for assessing accident damage, liaising with the depot engineering managers, obtaining pictures and producing a repair estimate, calculating lost revenue for other third-party insurers. You will need to manage the process producing accurate invoices once the repairs have been completed, ensuring all costs have been captured accurately. Ownership will be required in respect that the claim is only closed when payment obtained.
Through accurate, thorough and detailed repair estimates/invoices you will support the successful recoveries of losses incurred.
You will also work alongside the internal claims team, processing the internal First Notification of Loss from the 8 depots and review the initial accident report forms. You will liaise with the depot as to the key information to be captured timely, which may be omitted or not evident from the initial documentation. Some travel to the depots will be required to collate information/interview staff and view vehicles as necessary. You will request photographs and CCTV and log this with the claim. You will process Insurance claims to the appointed external broker, as per Company procedures.
Ideally the successful candidate will understand the repair of passenger carrying vehicles (PCV). However, candidates from backgrounds in a related field, such as the truck / haulage industries within an engineering setting, will also be considered.
The hours of work will be 8.30am – 5.00pm, 40 hours per week. We would consider a part-time working arrangement for an experienced candidate if this was preferred.
- Liaison and support of the Claims Department.
- Manage the First Notification of Loss process internally, capturing the key information and processing accident reports forms/claims with the externally appointed Company brokers.
- Carry out review/desktop imaging to confirm viability of repair, identification of repair costs, and correct repair methods ensure third parties receive fast, and accurate information regarding claim vehicles.
- To achieve profit through accuracy and full appreciation of repair methods opportunities.
- Exercise positive negotiating selling techniques / skills.
- Develop strong relationships and communication channels with stake holders - client/driver/engineer/work provider.
- Provide salvage invoices where it is identified vehicles are beyond economic repair.
- Monitor and control average total loss values.
- Co-ordinate and resolve complaints as prescribed by company and regulatory guidelines.
- Provide technical support and a quality engineering resource to the claims department with regards to referred items.
- To liaise with external appointed Company brokers and/or Solicitors/Counsel to achieve full reimbursement for non-fault insurance claims.
- To ensure best practice in all Rotala Plc operations including compliance with legal and policy requirements.
- Ensure all engineering Health, Safety and Environmental policies are adhered to.
Qualifications and Experience
- Level 3 HGV City & Guilds/NVQ or equivalent.
- Experience as an estimator/vehicle damage assessor in respect of PCV or LGV vehicles.
- High level of accuracy, analysis and good attention to detail.
- Thorough, methodical, organised and process driven.
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal.
- An appropriate level of IT skills.
- Attractive and competitive salary.
- Free employee travel pass scheme.
To apply for this role, please send your CV and covering letter to:
Group HR Manager,
or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Rotala Plc Group is an equal opportunities employer.