IT Support Technician - North West
Up to £26,000
An exciting opportunity has arisen within the North West, due to our programme of acquisition, we are creating a regional IT support technician role. The role will require you to travel up to 5 different sites within a 25 mile radius in the North West, so you must have a full driving licence and access to your own vehicle, mileage expenses will be paid.
Reporting to the Directors, the focus will be to provide 1st and 2nd Line Support assistance across all aspects of the business and will provide back up and support to cover absence of other regional IT support technicians. We are looking for a trustworthy and reliable candidate with an enthusiastic and positive approach to IT problem solving. You will be expected to communicate with end users engaging constructively with technical and non-technical staff in order to manage support requests. This role requires technical engagement with third line support providers. In all aspects of your work you will be expected to effectively resolve problems whilst minimising disruption to end-users.
Ideally the successful candidate will have experience of Windows Servers, Active Directory, Office 365, Remote Desktop Environments, Basic Networking, Exchange, Configuration of Apple & Android Devices Hardware, Networks, DNS, DHCP, TCP/IP
The hours of work will be 8.30am – 5.00pm, 40 hours per week, but you will be expected to work the hours necessary to fulfil the requirements of the role.
- Via phone call and emails manage all 1st and 2nd line issues across 5 sites, supporting 50+ users in a highly technical environment
- Provide intermediary support to cloud based applications used as main operating systems across the business
- Attend site as and when required
- Install hardware and configure software, telephones, printers on site
- Configuration, testing and upgrades of all IT systems
- Maintain effective communication with all internal stakeholders
- Maintain effective working relationships with third party suppliers, where necessary
- Escalate issues to 3rd lines and suppliers where required
- Work towards a continued improvement of data quality throughout the organisation
- To adhere to all IT, GDPR and other relevant group policies.
- To ensure best practice in all Rotala Plc operations including compliance with legal and policy requirements.
- Ensure all engineering Health, Safety and Environmental policies are adhered to.
Qualifications and Experience
- MCSA/Microsoft Windows 10 or equivalent
- A+ Comptia or equivalent support qualification
- Network + (desirable)
- High level of accuracy, analysis and good attention to detail.
- Thorough, methodical, organised and process driven
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal