IT Systems Engineer
IT Systems Engineer
Salary: Up to £35,000 per annum dependent upon experience
Rotala Plc provides a range of transport solutions for local authorities, the public, businesses and private individuals. Our business is comprised of 3 regions – this regional role will cover Head Office, three depots in the Midlands (Tividale, Redditch & Kidderminster) and the Heathrow depot. The majority of the work will be managed remotely from the Head Office in Tividale, so you must have a full driving licence.
Reporting to the Head of IT, this role will be driven by the demands of the company support software. Managing and maintaining support ticket requests We are looking for a trustworthy and reliable candidate with an enthusiastic and positive approach to IT problem solving. You will be expected to communicate with end users engaging constructively with technical and non-technical staff in order to manage support requests. This role requires technical engagement with third line support providers. In all aspects of your work you will be expected to effectively resolve problems whilst minimising disruption to end-users.
The hours of work will be 8.30am – 5.00pm, a minimum of 40 hours per week, but you will be expected to work the hours necessary to fulfil the requirements of the role.
- Assisting with Group Projects – To be defined by “Head of IT”
- Assisting in the running of Group Support Software
- Operating from the Group support software system
- Assigning tickets
- Updating tickets
- Completing tickets
- KPI Reporting
- Ownership of the support system – Ensuring it works well, testing, development.
- Assisting in testing and ensuring backups work at all levels
- Scancoin/PayComplete machine management, maintenance and backup
- Laptop/PC support in regional offices – Remote (teams) – Occasionally travel to these locations
- Ensuring all Midlands and South offices are kept connected – tested daily
- Ensuring Laptop/PC user data is stored and recoverable
- Supporting laptops, PCs, Printers
- Assisting with operation for users in Azure environment
- Review remote PC access software
- Maintaining & testing CCTV, Scancoins (paying in machines), Clocking terminals
- Day to day checking of logs on critical equipment
- Ensure VPN's are working + VPN user setup.
- Compile and maintain company registers for IP addresses, devices, users – Group Wide.
- Maintain security for devices issues and a full register of assets – Group Wide.
- Assisting with day to day queries of head office staff.
- Escalating issues to “Head of IT” (for decision on escalation with 3rd parties/in house)
Qualifications and Experience
Microsoft Certification MCSA/MCSE/MCE
- At least 3 years hands on IT experience supporting over 100 PC users.
- Knowledge of Networking/Infrastructure.
- Experience with Remote Desktop solutions.
- A logical approach to solving problems
- High level of accuracy, analysis and good attention to detail.
- Thorough, methodical, organised and process driven
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal
To apply for this position please email your CV and a covering letter to: email@example.com