Managing Director - Hallmark Connections
£ Competitive Salary
We are looking for an experienced and proven Managing Director to be responsible for the operational performance of Hallmark Connections business units which operate corporate transfers servicing Heathrow Airport and surrounding hotels, network service disruption services, private hire for business and leisure, across 2 sites.
Reporting to the CEO of Rotala Plc, the focus will be driving the business development and growth of all business sections and improving the overall profitability in accordance with the Board's defined strategy, defined budget and key performance indicators (KPIs).
Through structured and efficient management of the individual business unit managers, you will ensure a consistent level of quality customer service is delivered and that your managers take personal responsibility for the success of their business units. You will be responsible for maintaining business relationships critical to the business unit's performance and ensuring that through your visibility, credibility and accomplishments that your management teams are engaged, motivated and high performing components of the business.
Applicants should be able to demonstrate an excellent track record in delivering results, through compilation and management of budgets, value-adding business activities preferably within passenger carrying vehicle operations; however other relevant industries will be considered. Candidates with a background in senior management, similar operational director roles linked to networks, timetables and account/contracts management would also be considered.
Due to the nature of the role the successful candidate will need to be flexible and prepared to work the required hours to meet the needs of the business, which may include anti-social hours.
- To ensure best practice in Hallmark Connection's operations including compliance with legal and policy requirements.
- Profit and Loss for the individual business units within and overall performance of Hallmark Connections
- Accountable for control of costs for areas of responsibility in line with budget and forecasts
- Develop and monitor key performance measures for areas of responsibility and update the CEO on significant issues
- Understand the quality of the services delivered by each business unit
- Review of services and contracts, taking action as appropriate
- Accountable for the delivery of the strategy in the Operational team
- Oversee operational incidents e.g. Operational escalated incidents, exec complaints, driver appeals etc
- Delivery of quality customer service in accordance with Company Policies and Procedures
- Performance and development of Contracts Manager, Service Delivery Manager, Operations Managers, Duty Managers and Staffing & Resourcing Manager
- Compliance with the Operator's Licence across all business units including engineering
- Establish and maintain business relationships critical to business unit performance
- Assist with the preparation and implement annual budgets and review financial performance against budget and analyse financial data
- Focus on value adding business activities to maximise revenue and control operating costs
- To work with the CEO to develop new income opportunities.
- To ensure that data is accurately recorded and analysed and presented monthly against key performance indicators
- Accountable for ensuring drivers and operational staff adhere to the Company Health and Safety Policies and regulations.
- To represent Hallmark-Connections with stakeholders, customers and clients.
Qualifications and Experience
- National Certificate of Professional Competence PCV Transport
- 2 years' experience in a operational or managing director role/senior management position with strategic and financial accountability.
- Significant experience of transformation
- A good level of computer literacy
- High level presentation skills
- Strong people management and leadership skills
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal with the ability to analyse reports
- An appropriate level of understanding of vehicle maintenance
To apply for this role, please send your CV and covering letter to:
Group HR Manager,
or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Rotala Plc Group is an equal opportunities employer.