Training Instructor - Northwest
Training Instructor - Northwest. Based at Bolton Depot.
Salary £30,000 - £32,000
We have a highly rewarding opportunity for a Training Instructor to join our business, to help deliver our highly successful Rotala PCV Driver Training School.
This exciting opportunity is open to applicants from both a PCV background and also HGV or Driving Instructor backgrounds, as full training will be given to the successful candidate to ensure we can continue to deliver a quality training programme to our driving teams.
Full Job Description:
Job title: Training Instructor Northwest.
Reporting to: Training Manager.
Location: Northwest Region depots.
In-Direct Reports: Trainees.
Direct Reports: None.
Basic Purpose of Role
- To train new drivers to the standard of PCV in accordance with the Department of Transport guidance.
- Deliver Driver CPC courses in line with JAUPT guidelines.
- To deliver all aspects of Customer Service and Safety Training incorporating Rotala's subsidiary Company's values & beliefs, policies & procedures.
- To instruct new employees to DVSA PCV Standard.
- To deliver customer service training that puts the customer at the heart of the service delivery.
- To deliver key safe working practices identified by the business.
- To run driver training programmes and assessments for new drivers joining the business.
- To ensure all legislative updates are implemented and reviewed.
- To carry out driving assessments as and when required.
- To deliver driver related instruction and CPC training to both new and experienced drivers.
- To deliver training in operational procedures.
- To deliver remedial support and coaching following critical incidents or driver skills assessment to restore confidence and competence.
- To ensure that the Training Manager (or equivalent) is promptly informed of trainee driver/employee poor performance or conduct during training.
- To undertake driving duties as and when required.
- Able to work at other locations if required.
- To undertake any additional duties at the request of your line manager, which is deemed to be within your competency.
- To adhere to all Rotala policies and procedures.
- To undertake any training and development activities at the request of your line manager.
- To comply with all Safety policies and support new initiatives.
Health and Safety Responsibilities
- To always comply with your responsibilities for Health and Safety.
- To ensure compliance with legislation, company policies and procedures.
- To ensure that risk assessments are carried out for areas and activities under your control, so that appropriate control measures are implemented.
- To report incidents, near misses and dangerous occurrences in a timely manner and ensure effective remedial action is taken where required.
- To promote and implement Injury Prevention measures and safe working practices by means of campaigns/initiatives and to promote a positive attitude to safety through your own personal leadership.
- To encourage colleagues to drive more fuel efficiently.
- To encourage colleagues to report leaks and spillages promptly.
- To ensure that waste is segregated appropriately to maximize recycling and that lighting and heating in the depot and offices is used efficiently.
Skills, Experience and Qualifications Required
- A valid PCV licence for a minimum of 3 years
- Should hold or be willing to work towards Driving Instructors Level 3 NVQ – must be achieved within 1 year of becoming a Driving Instructor to be DSA compliant.
- Occupationally competent in all aspects of the job.
- An excellent performance record, free from avoidable collisions as a PCV bus/coach driver.
- Experience of working as an effective member of a team.
- Experience of successfully achieving deadlines and working without close supervision.
- No customer complaints for driver attitude.
- Demonstrable record of great customer service.
- Driver first time pass rate
- New driver retention rate
This list is not exhaustive, and the employee will be expected to undertake any other reasonable duties or function and provide cover for other staff members as deemed necessary by management.
The details contained in this Job Description reflect the content of the job at the date it was prepared. However, it is inevitable that over time, the nature of the jobs may change. Existing duties may no longer be required, and other duties may be gained without changing the general nature of the post or the level of responsibility entailed. Consequently, Rotala will expect to revise this Job Description from time to time and will consult with the post holder at the appropriate time.
Date Job Description Prepared: 27 February 2023.
Prepared by: DJL.
To apply for this highly rewarding role, please send your CV and a covering letter by email to email@example.com