Our Environmental Responsibilities
As a major passenger transport provider, we realise that we have a responsibility not only to our customers, but also to the environment. As part of our environmental vision we strive to lower our environmental impact...
Rotala actively encourages the use of public transport instead of private vehicles by offering low-cost fares alongside a high-value service.
We feel that, by encouraging people out of their cars onto our buses, we can do our bit to help the environment in which we and our customers live.
Rotala also recognises its responsibility to limit the impact of our vehicles on the environment. Exhaust fumes comprising (but not limited to) Carbon Monoxide (CO), Nitrogen (N) and Carbon Dioxide (CO2) are contributors to pollution from our vehicles. We aim to decrease our impact on the environment by constantly updating our fleet to newer, more fuel efficient and less polluting vehicles.
Our Environmental Vision
Our vision is to drive the modal shift of transportation from individual car use to a sustainable and environmentally friendly bus network. We aim to deliver this vision through the following approaches:
- Setting minimum air quality standards for the bus fleet
- Ensuring all new vehicles acquired meet EURO VI standards or better
- Obtaining operating experience with electric vehicles
- Continuing our overall commitment to cleaner greener vehicles
- Discarding older vehicles with unacceptable emissions
- By promoting modal shift to travel by bus, raising air quality, particularly in Clean Air Zones.
As part of our vision to strive to lower our environmental impact, Rotala has applied for and received several awards from the Green Bus Fund. These grants have enabled the deployment of hybrid vehicles of various types.